Executive Sous Chef, Executive Chef, General Manager
Lead Cook, Line Cook, Pantry-Prep Cook, Dishwasher
To supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food stuffs.
- Observe workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to insure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Give instructions to cooking personnel on fine points of cooking.
- Cook and carve meats, and prepares dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions.
- Assume responsibility for kitchen in absence of Chef, planning, organizing and preparing all meals.
- Must be able to “prep” food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Must be able to visibly recognize “condition” of food, and cooking temperatures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skillfully use kitchen tools, machines, or equipment needed in food preparation.
- Read recipes for the items to be prepared, and be able to visualize the finished products.
- Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic to figure amounts of product/materials needed, quantities needed and cost of products/materials.
- ACF Certification, Culinary Arts degree, apprenticeship and/or AOS Degree.
- Minimum 2 years kitchen supervisory experience with three years kitchen operations experience including at least 1year in a lead cook position, and 1 year in a steward position; OR, an equivalent level of education and experience.
- Must have Food Safety Certification
$22.00 - $25.00/Hour
Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites
352 Room Hotel
A relaxing stay in downtown Indianapolis
We’re in Downtown Indianapolis, a short walk from Hilbert Circle Theatre, Indiana Convention Center, and the Circle Centre Mall. Gainbridge Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Stadium, and the Indianapolis Canal Walk are a five-minute drive. We have an indoor heated pool, fitness center and free WiFi. Enjoy room service and dining at our two restaurants.
120 West Bar & Grill
Join us for breakfast and dinner in 120 West Bar & Grill. For breakfast or dinner, there's always something delicious waiting for you. Located on the corner of Market & Illinois. Valet parking is available, and all major credit cards are accepted.
Enjoy the comforts of your incredible guest room/suite and take pleasure in the convenience of in-room dining with our extensive room service menu.
McCormick & Schmick's
McCormick and Schmick's, a nationally recognized seafood restaurant, is uniquely designed to create an inviting, relaxed atmosphere where guests can enjoy the highest quality dining experience. The menu is printed twice daily featuring the signature "fresh list" highlighting an impressive number of fresh seafood varieties, in addition to aged steaks, poultry, entree' salads and pasta.
We have 18 event spaces including our Victory ballroom, Monument Hall, and a collection of meeting and conference rooms. Our dedicated planners will assist with A/V equipment and catering menus for your event.