Complex Director of Sales, General Manager
This role is for our two hotels: Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt & Home2 by Hilton Nashville. Secure new volume accounts; grow positive relationships with assigned existing accounts; assure positive recognition within the local community for both hotels in the complex.
- Solicit, negotiate and generate contracted revenues from volume prospects that meet criteria established in the business plans for both hotels in the complex.
- Employ revenue management techniques to recommend corporate rate proposals.
- Accurately prepare and present Requests for Proposals so that both client and hotels receive a good value.
- Prospect for new contract business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, attending community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journals, etc.
- Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans.
- Manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date contact management system.
- Negotiate and close contracts that meet the business plan objectives for both hotels in the complex. Desired arrival, departure and volume patterns must be met.
- Internally communicate client requirements, thereby insuring all information is accurate between client and hotel staff.
- Coordinate and participate in target market trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Conduct competitive analysis and maintain competitor files in order to be able to compete successfully.
- Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
- Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
- Associates Degree in Sales &Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years hotel sales experience or the equivalent amount of industry experience; OR,equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Range: $60k - $70k annually
Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt
194 Room Hotel
Steps from Vanderbilt and downtown
We're on Broadway, a five-minute walk from Vanderbilt University and many local restaurants including Hattie B's Hot Chicken. Explore downtown Nashville attractions like Ryman Auditorium, Bridgestone Arena, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, and live music on Broadway. We serve breakfast and dinner in our Garden Grille & Bar.
Garden Grille and Bar
The Garden Grille & Bar, located in the lobby of the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, is a Chef driven full-service restaurant featuring uniquely prepared American and globally inspired cuisine. Open 7-days a week, Our Chef prepared breakfast buffet is among the one of top in the downtown Nashville area. Featuring gourmet pastries, Belgian waffles, fresh fruit and a full cook-to-order hot bar with southern inspired favorites. While The Grille offers nightly dinner specials with a first-class touch. And don’t forget, while taking in the Nashville nightlife, check out our full-service bar and lounge. Whether you’re “winding-up” or just “winding down”, The Garden Grille & Bar is the perfect place to enjoy award-winning service, great food and specialty cocktails.
The Shop 24-hour mart, conveniently located in our Music City hotel, offers an assortment of refrigerated, frozen, and microwave packaged items. Prepare these items in the comfort of your room using the microwave and refrigerator.