Lead Line Cook, Exec Sous Chef, Sous Chef or Executive Chef
To produce all orders required by business volume and supervisor, as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to produce the highest quality product. Also, to produce all orders on an a la carte basis and to prep for buffets, banquets, salad bars and hors d’ oeuvres.
- Open up each morning preparing and organizing the station and cooking all food necessary to start serving.
- Prepare all items for lunch; sauces, soups, buffet entrees, and switch over from breakfast to lunch at the assigned time.
- Rearrange the line and steam table to facilitate luncheon cooking and service.
- Prepare all orders as turned in by wait staff and ensures all orders cooked quickly and according to order; also ensures that food leaves the kitchen in peak condition.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation.
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Cook only sufficient food in advance to cover expected business volume and to maintain quality.
- Prepare all food needed by other kitchen departments which is best prepared by this department. Prepare all food for next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to “prep” food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for work. Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
- Minimum 3 months cooking experience at a full service restaurant or hotel.
- Food Safety Certification
$20 per hour
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
235 Room Resort
Mountain views near Old Town Scottsdale
Enjoy views of Camelback Mountain from our resort, located within three miles of Old Town Scottsdale and Spring Training at Scottsdale Stadium. Our hotel features three restaurants, a spa, and an outdoor heated pool, plus a free two-mile shuttle service for area exploring. Two-room villas offer more room to relax, with private patios and an exclusive pool.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Enjoy a taste of the Southwest.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
Upscale dining. The finest in steaks and seafood. This steakhouse features 100 specialty wines by the glass. Serves dinner only.
Oasis Bar & Grille
Enjoy a cold beverage out by the pool or a quick bite to eat as you relax and enjoy being outside.
Meetings and events
Our flexible meeting and event space includes three ballrooms and a climate-controlled outdoor pavilion. A wide range of flexible and flavorful catering options are also available, and our dedicated team are on hand to help.